This is the best broccoli cheese casserole ever. No exaggeration. It’s made with just broccoli florets, bacon, cheddar cheese, milk, cream, and eggs.
Not your Grandma’s Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Oh la la. This is not your grandma’s broccoli cheese casserole. Ever since Christopher Kimball challenged people to Google broccoli casserole, insisting they would be disappointed with what they found, I’ve been meaning to post a killer easy broccoli casserole. And dear readers, this is it.
An Easy Broccoli Casserole that Tastes Amazing
The ingredients? Broccoli of course, then bacon, flour, milk, cream, eggs, cheddar cheese, a little Dijon, salt, and lots of freshly cracked black pepper.
The tricks to this broccoli cheese casserole are to:
- Pre-cook the broccoli florets a bit so they cook up tender in the casserole.
- Use bacon because bacon makes everything taste better.
- Spice it up with black pepper. Just simple freshly cracked black pepper. Use as much as you can stand; it will make your broccoli cheese casserole sing.
Many thanks to the new love of my culinary life, Dorie Greenspan, who provided the inspiration and basic structure for this broccoli cheese casserole recipe with a fabulous cauliflower gratin in her cookbook Around My French Table (hint, buy this book for yourself and all your friends, it’s stunning.)
Can’t Get Enough Broccoli and Cheese? Try These Recipes!
- Broccoli Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Broccoli and Cheddar Quesadillas
- Broccoli Cheddar Bites
Source: Read Full Article