"Low-carb egg, and cheese veggie muffins perfect for on the go. You can make them ahead and reheat in the microwave a few seconds. A great change from the usual low-carb bacon and eggs!"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a bowl, reserving bacon grease in the skillet.
- Combine spinach, mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, salt, and ground black pepper to taste in the skillet with bacon grease; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture to a bowl and place in the freezer to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a bowl; stir in 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add cooled vegetables and bacon to egg mixture and mix gently.
- Scoop 1/4 cup egg mixture into each muffin cup; top each with remaining Colby-Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg cups are set, about 20 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Substitute any cooked meat or any cooked veggie. Make sure if you’re low carbin’ it, that they are low-carb ingredients though.
- Cheddar cheese can be used in place of Colby-Jack, if desired.
- I use silicone muffin cups, but the greased muffin tin is fine.
Per Serving: 237 calories;17.7 g fat;4 g carbohydrates;16.5 g protein;223 mg cholesterol;669 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article