Active Time: N/ATotal Time5 MIN
Yield: Serves : Makes 1 cocktail
Farmers refer to black raspberries as “blackcaps” in the mid-Atlantic. This refreshing gin cocktail mixes them with white port and lemon for a rosy result. Muddling the berries and shiso leaves perfumes the drink with sweet-tart and herbal notes. Strain carefully to avoid any seeds in the drink.
- 8 black or red raspberries, divided
- 3 fresh shiso or basil leaves
- 1 1/4 ounces (2 1/2 tablespoons) London dry gin
- 3/4 ounces (1 1/2 tablespoons) white port
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
How to Make It
Muddle 5 raspberries and shiso leaves in a cocktail shaker. Add gin, port, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Fill shaker with ice cubes; cover and shake until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe or rocks glass, and garnish with remaining 3 raspberries.
Source: Read Full Article