"When it’s just my husband and I–and we’re craving a nice, warm, comforting dessert–this apple crisp fits the bill every time! It’s relatively easy to make, is on the healthier side, and tastes great, too!"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8-oz ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Combine apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt for the filling in a bowl; toss until thoroughly mixed. Divide mixture between the prepared ramekins.
- Combine oats, flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt for the topping in a bowl; mix until thoroughly combined. Cut in softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly on top of the filling in the ramekins.
- Place baking sheet with ramekins into the preheated oven and bake until apples are tender and the topping is slightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Cook’s Note:
- The apples I used for this recipe were not very juicy. If your apples are on the juicier side, you may want to add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of flour or cornstarch to the filling to help it set up better. Also, make sure to slice your apples approximately 1/8-inch or thinner to ensure they cook properly.
Per Serving: 236 calories;6.6 g fat;44.8 g carbohydrates;2.1 g protein;15 mg cholesterol;161 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article