"My Grandfather (Sam) was famous for this cake. Everyone who knew him, knows of his famous carrot cake.He would always have some available for anyone who wanted it. We’ll miss him, but his carrot cake legacy will always live on! Enjoy!"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8×12 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins.
- Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well.
- Pour into prepared 8×12 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Check with toothpick.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 374 calories;18.8 g fat;48.7 g carbohydrates;5.2 g protein;38 mg cholesterol;259 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article