"I have made this recipe for years. My children always chose it for their birthday cake over any other, and it makes enough for a crowd. Moist and delicious. Very easy to make. Enjoy!"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10×15 inch pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.Beat in the sour cream and eggs.Set aside.Melt the butter on low in a saucepan, add the water and 5 tablespoons cocoa.Bring mixture to a boil then remove from heat.Allow to cool slightly, then stir cocoa mixture into the egg mixture, mixing until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the icing:In a large saucepan, combine the milk, 5 tablespoons cocoa and 1/2 cup butter.Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then fold in the nuts, mixing until blended.Spread frosting over warm cake.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 256 calories;12.5 g fat;35.8 g carbohydrates;2.4 g protein;36 mg cholesterol;145 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article