"A lady I worked with brought this in one day, and it was a hit. Now it is the favorite of all my dinner guests. It’s great for a covered dish dinner too. I have made this also without the meat, and it is well received."
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 578 calories;25.3 g fat;58.4 g carbohydrates;27.9 g protein;71 mg cholesterol;914 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article