"A great way to use up some broccoli in a tasty quiche with a very different, easy crust."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes with milk and salt.Brush a deep 9 inch pie dish with olive oil and press the potatoes in.Brush with remaining olive oil.Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange onions, broccoli and cheese in the potato crust.Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.Pour over broccoli and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until slightly puffed and cooked throughout.Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 320 calories;14.7 g fat;33.5 g carbohydrates;14.8 g protein;140 mg cholesterol;575 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article