Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Prop Styling by Nathaniel James, Food Styling by Simon Andrews
Eye-opening notes of lemon, lime, and grapefruit keep this festive punch from heading into ultra-sweet territory—and fresh mint seconds the motion. "Once the Champagne has been added," says Scott Peacock, "serve the drinks as soon as possible to experience the maximum tickle of bubbles."
- 8 servings
- Active Time
- 25 min
- Total Time
- 11/2 hr (includes chilling)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grapefruit juice (preferably pink or ruby red)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Cognac or other brandy
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 navel orange, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lime, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Champagne or other sparkling white wine, chilled
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then transfer to a bowl and cool syrup completely (or quick-chill by setting bowl in an ice bath and stirring occasionally until cool).
- Stir together juices, wine, Cognac, mint, fruit, and cooled syrup in a large pitcher. Chill, covered, until cold, about 1 hour. Stir in Champagne.
Source: Read Full Article