Active time: 30 min. Total time: 40 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
Our Chicken Asparagus Pasta celebrates spring flavors, but it still easy and comes together quickly. The creamy sauce is balanced by the lemon juice and zest, which cuts the fat and makes the dish feel a little lighter. Feel free to add other in-season produce, like chopped Brussels sprouts or garlic scapes. Plus, all those herbs and the asparagus add a freshness to the sauce. All ingredients are easy to source, but you can also utilize leftover chicken or veggies to make this even more economical.
- 1/2 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast (from 2 chicken breasts)
- 1(1-lb.) bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-in. lengths
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 2Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
Cook fettuccine according to package directions, and drain.
While pasta cooks, cook oil and garlic in a deep large pan over medium until garlic sizzles, 3 to 4 minutes.
Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup of the stock. Stir flour mixture, cream, salt, and remaining 1 1/2 cups stock into garlic. Bring to a boil, and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken, asparagus, peas, and lemon zest. Cook until asparagus is vibrant green, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add pasta, cheese, herbs, pepper, and lemon juice; toss to coat.
Source: Read Full Article