Active time:10 min.Total time: 4 hours, 10 min.
Yield: Serves 12 (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
Our take on Crock Pot Funeral Potatoes couldn’t be easier—you simply make it and walk away for a few hours. It’s a classic, rib-sticking, cheesy sour cream potato dish that sure to please, or at least satisfy, a crowd. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could any condensed “Cream Of” soup, as well as any 12-ounce combination of melting cheeses. We used Ore Ida potatoes and Campbell’s soup, but you can adjust to incorporate your preferred brands. These potatoes make a great side for a heartier meat dish, like roast beef or ham. Wash them down with iced tea.
- 1(32-oz.) pkg. frozen, diced hash brown potatoes
- 4 ounces pre-shredded Cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces pre-shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces pre-shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1(10 1/2-oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups crumbled potato chips
How to Make It
Stir together potatoes, cheeses, sour cream, broth, soup, and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 3 1/2 hours Uncover and stir well. Cover and cook until thoroughly heated, about 30 minutes. Top with potato chips, and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article