Active Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 25 Mins
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 5 meatballs)
These easy, cheesy meatballs are perfect for anything from a holiday party to a tailgating get-together—especially if you need to have a keto-friendly appetizer in the mix. The blend of Italian sausage and lean ground beef provide a great, flavorful base that isn’t overly greasy, and the kale and Fontina combo is a surefire crowd-pleaser.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups packed baby kale, finely chopped
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (from 3 garlic cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups warm marinara sauce (such as Rao’s)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 475°F. Using your hands, combine beef, sausage, kale, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and eggs until incorporated. Form mixture into 40 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place meatballs in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Spoon marinara onto a serving platter; place meatballs on top, and serve with toothpicks or tiny forks.
Source: Read Full Article