Photo by Chelsie Craig, Food Styling by Frances Boswell
A salad between two slices of bread! This picnic-ready meal has major California vibes, with an herby yogurt smear, tons of feel-good sprouts, and buttery avocado.
- Makes 2
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lemon, halved, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 English hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. mozzarella, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 cups sprouts (such as alfalfa or broccoli)
- Place basil, chives, mayonnaise, yogurt, and 2 Tbsp. oil in a blender. Finely grate in zest from a lemon half, then squeeze in its juice. Purée until smooth; season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Place cucumber in a small bowl; squeeze in juice from remaining lemon half. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with dressing. Divide avocado between 2 slices of bread; season with salt and pepper. Top with cucumber, mozzarella, and sprouts and close up sandwiches.
Source: Read Full Article