Coronation chicken is a useful and versatile dish which can be eaten on its own or with a host of other accompaniments. The chicken is also easy to make and requires a few ingredients, with roughly five minutes of preparation time.
How to make coronation chicken
Coronation chicken makes use of people’s leftover chicken, left to cool after a meal.
People can make the dish after a Sunday dinner with a complete breast or bird, as it calls for the meat to be shredded.
Once complete, people can add it to a sandwich, salad or anything else they choose.
- How to make churros
- Six tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Two to three teaspoons of mild curry powder
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Two tablespoons of mango chutney
- One to three tablespoons of sultanas
- 500g of shredded pre-cooked and cooled chicken
- Mix the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder, cinnamon and sultanas and add black pepper
- Add in the shredded chicken and stir until the sauce coats the meat.
- If the sauce is too sticky and won’t cover the chicken, add a tablespoon of water to loosen it up before serving.
Royal salmon recipe: How to Queen’s favourite salmon dishes – INSIGHT
KFC chicken zinger recipe: How to make KFC’s iconic chicken zinger at – INSIGHT
How to cook topside of beef – INSIGHT
- How to cook corn on the cob
The original coronation chicken was invented nearly 67 years ago for Queen Elizabeth II’s Coronation in 1953.
Writer Constance Spry and Le Cordon Bleu cookery school founder Rosemary Hume penned the recipe which ultimately made its way into Buckingham Palace.
At the time, much of the country was still ravaged by World War Two, and one of the key components of the recipe, curry powder, was difficult to come by.
Now, the dish has several applications, and people can add or subtract ingredients to provide their own spin on Hume and Spry’s recipe.
What should you pair with coronation chicken?
As a cold dish, coronation chicken can go with almost anything people choose.
Favourites include adding it to a sandwich or jacket potato or inserting some lettuce for a healthy option.
People can also add the following ingredients for a different feel:
- Toasted almond flakes
- Finely chopped celery
- A teaspoon of finely chopped coriander
- Tabasco sauce
Source: Read Full Article