Now the former model has created delicious recipes for The Groovy Food Company, using their glazes, flours and oils to make tempting summer dishes. Speaking about the dishes Isaac said: “Make Agave Nectar a condiment alongside your ketchup, mustard and mayo this BBQ season. “Agave nectar is delicious drizzled over wings or meat on the grill and is a top substitute for refined sugar when making a nice BBQ marinade. “I find that The Groovy Food Company Dark Organic Agave Nectar adds a certain richness and gives a whole extra depth of flavour.”
Make Agave Nectar a condiment alongside your ketchup, mustard and mayo this BBQ season
Isaac Carew, Chef
COCO TAMARIND FRIED WINGS
This recipe is inspired by Isaac’s travels across the world. Combining sweet, savoury and sticky flavours and textures to create a tasty dish full of Asian notes. Serves 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 17 mins.
1.2kg chicken wings
30g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Flour
6 spring onions, sliced
3 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
For the wings
100g Tamarind paste
10 Garlic cloves
175ml coconut vinegar
100ml The Groovy Food Company Dark Agave Nectar
150g Korean hot red pepper paste (available at supermarkets)
500ml The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 200°C. Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender and whizz for 1-2 minutes.
2. Lightly coat the chicken breasts in coconut flour, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large frying pan with coconut oil and add the chicken wings, cooking on each side for two to three minutes until slightly golden.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and add the sauce to the pan, stirring thoroughly to coat all the wings.
5. Cook the wings in the oven for 12 mins. Once done, serve in bowls with sliced chillies and springs onions and dig in to enjoy!
DIRTY COCONUT BLONDIES
This recipe is quick to make, absolutely delicious and perfect as an afternoon ‘pick-me-up’ or picnic snack. Serves 12 Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins.
For the blondies
100g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Flour
100g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Sugar
100ml Coconut cream (mix 30g The Groovy Food Company Creamed Coconut with 70ml hot water)
6 large eggs
100g The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Oil
1 vanilla pod, seeds only
2tsp baking powder
For the topping
200g white chocolate
50g coconut flakes
1. In a bowl, mix the coconut cream, coconut oil and eggs, ensuring all are combined thoroughly
2. Next, add the coconut flour, coconut sugar, vanilla pod seeds and baking powder and fold all the ingredients together.
3. Line and grease a 23cm square brownie tin with parchment and pour in the mixture evenly
4. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top and bake for 25 minutes at 180°C.
5. For the topping, melt white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot water, making sure not to let the water touch the bowl
6. Once the blondies are cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest until cool
7. Once cooled, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top, leave to set, then cut into squares. Serve up these tasty delights immediately or pack into containers for a picnic treat
To view the full collection of The Groovy Food Company’s recipes please visit www.groovyfood.co.uk/recipes
Source: Read Full Article