"Put a healthier family classic on the dinner table by substituting ground turkey for ground beef, and using frozen riced cauliflower instead of high-carb white rice."
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in ground turkey, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook and stir until turkey browns and vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain grease from the skillet. Add frozen riced cauliflower, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili paste, salt, and pepper; stir until well incorporated.Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place bell pepper halves in the prepared baking dish. Place 1 Colby-Jack cheese cube in each pepper half, and fill with turkey mixture. Spoon remaining turkey mixture into the dish around the peppers.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle each pepper with shredded Colby-Jack cheese. Bake, uncovered, until peppers are soft and cheese has melted, about 10 minutes more.
- To serve, spoon a little turkey mixture onto a plate, and place a bell pepper half on top of it. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon sour cream and 2 jalapeno slices.
Per Serving: 463 calories;27.2 g fat;21.6 g carbohydrates;36.4 g protein;130 mg cholesterol;1313 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article