Photo by Alex Lau
This cocktail gets its lofty, fluffy froth from egg whites and two-step mixing technique. The first shake, without ice, helps create the foam. After adding ice, the second shake chills the drink and further aerates the whites.
- Makes 1
- 1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Yola Mezcal
- 1 oz. Amaro Montenegro or Nonino
- 1 tsp. light agave nectar
- 1 large egg white
- Angostura bitters and lime twist (for serving)
- Shake lime juice, mezcal, amaro, agave, and egg white in a cocktail shaker (or in a tightly lidded 1-qt. glass jar) until frothy, about 1 minute. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake again until outside is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a coupe glass. Garnish with a few drops of Angostura bitters (drag a toothpick through drops to create a swirly pattern if you wish). Top with lime twist.
Source: Read Full Article