Active time:20 min. Total time:20 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup)
This salad is crunchy, sweet, salty, bright, and refreshing—in other words, it’s perfect for summer. Peak-of-freshness peaches are the way to go here: If they’re still ripe, but a little firm, that’s perfect. Bonus points if you get them at a roadside stand. If you can find fennel with intact fronds, get that rather than fennel with the tops cut off—the fronds help make the salad feel special. Serve with flaky white fish and a nice glass of white wine or rosé.
- 1medium fennel bulb, trimmed (2 cups), fronds reserved
- 1medium-size firm-ripe peach, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2large celery stalks, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup packed celery leaves
- 1 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, shaved (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 1tsp. lemon zest plus 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make It
Shave fennel bulb into thin slices using a mandolin. Toss together fennel slices, peach, celery, celery leaves, and half of the cheese in a bowl.
Stir together lemon zest and juice, honey, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until smooth and combined. Drizzle over fennel-peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Transfer to a platter; sprinkle with remaining cheese and reserved fennel fronds. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article