"This roasted cherry tomato sauce is very easy and makes a delicious weeknight dinner with spaghetti!"
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut the top off of the head of garlic and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with oil and wrap up.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven with garlic for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until safe to handle, 10 to 20 minutes. Place tomatoes in a large bowl and squeeze roasted garlic onto tomatoes. Mash using a potato masher into a sauce.
- Add spaghetti to sauce; mix well and top with mozzarella cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Sometimes to save time, I’ll roast the garlic in my toaster oven earlier in the day. Also, I will usually place the mozzarella in the freezer for half an hour for easier slicing.
- You can use grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 519 calories;15.2 g fat;65.6 g carbohydrates;29.6 g protein;48 mg cholesterol;509 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article