Active Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
These Sheet Pan Beefy Bean Nachos are proof that a quick, effortless dinner can still be fun. They’re loaded with pantry and freezer staples like taco seasoning and beans, but still customizeable enough to garnish with whatever fresh ingredients you have on hand.
- 1(16-oz.) bag tortilla chips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 2cans beans (such as pinto, black and/or kidney), rinsed and drained
- 1(1.25-oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more for serving
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream, avocado. and jalapeños
How to Make It
Arrange chips on a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Preheat oven to 475°F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add beef; cook, crumbling with the back of a spoon and stirring often, until browned through, about 8 minutes. Drain and discard any excess oil.
Add beans to beef mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1 minute. Use a potato masher or fork to slightly mash and break down beans. Add taco seasoning and water; cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in salsa; cook 1 minute. Spoon beefy bean mixture evenly over chips; top evenly with cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article