"Marinated pork chops are grilled to perfection and topped with a spicy salsa starring pineapple, mango, and applesauce."
- With a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic, chili powder, cayenne, and cardamom seeds. Mix in enough water to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in spice paste, and cook until it begins to bubble, about 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar; cook without boiling for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar until it dissolves. Mix in mango, salt, cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeno; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in applesauce and pineapple; simmer 10 minutes more. Season with white pepper. Place in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare marinade, mix 2/3 cup of the salsa with soy sauce and 1/3 cup vinegar. Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag, and pour marinade over chops. Seal tightly, and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Drain marinade from bag, and heat in a saucepan until boiling.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place pork chops on the hot grill. Cook 10 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning once and basting occasionally with the boiled marinade.
- Warm remaining salsa over medium-low heat. Serve pork chops topped with the salsa.
Per Serving: 269 calories;7.2 g fat;37.1 g carbohydrates;15.1 g protein;37 mg cholesterol;928 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article