"My family begs for this dish!Much easier to prepare than the ingredient list indicates. If you are a fan of Chinese food, prepare to become ADDICTED to this yummy sesame chicken. Serve over jasmine rice."
- Combine the 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the dry sherry, dash of sesame oil, flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, baking powder, baking soda, and canola oil in a large bowl. Mix well; stir in the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the 1/2 cup water, chicken broth, vinegar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, red chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn heat to low and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Fry the marinated chicken in batches until cooked through and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer the chicken to a large platter, top with sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook’s Notes
- Tamari can be used in place of soy sauce, if you desire.
- For a sweeter sauce, just use 2 tablespoons of vinegar.If you like it tangy, use up to 3/4 cup!
Per Serving: 745 calories;37.1 g fat;68.6 g carbohydrates;34.3 g protein;88 mg cholesterol;1405 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article