- Prep 30 min
- Total1 hr30 min
Load up!With kale, chicken apple sausage and cheese, it’s a meal the whole family will love.+
- 1Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork to allow steam to escape. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- 2Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bell pepper and onion in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage begins to brown. Add kale, paprika and salt; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until kale is wilted. Add water; stir about 1 minute or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 3Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Let stand about 5 minutes for easier handling. Heat oven to broil. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out insides of sweet potatoes into skillet with sausage mixture, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Stir sausage mixture. Place shells on ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon sweet potato mixture into shells; dividing evenly. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- 4Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 30 to 60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Serve with yogurt.
- When time is short, pierce the sweet potatoes and microwave uncovered on High 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Source: Read Full Article