- Prep 10 min
- Total50 min
You need just four ingredients to make impressive-looking popovers. They make any meal special.+
- 1Heat oven to 450°. Generously grease 6-cup popover pan with shortening. Place pan in oven 5 minutes to heat.
- 2Meanwhile, place milk in 1-cup microwavable measuring cup. Microwave uncovered on High 40 to 50 seconds or until warm. Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with fork or wire whisk. Stir in flour, milk and salt with fork or wire whisk just until smooth (do not overbeat). Fill popover pan cups half full. Bake 20 minutes.
- 3Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.
- Try a delicious flavor twist in your next batch of popovers. Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts to the batter.
- Prepare a double batch of popovers when you bake, and freeze the extras. Pierce each freshly baked popover with the point of a knife to let out the steam. Cool themon a wire rack, then wrap tightly and freeze. To reheat thawed popovers, cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 375° for about 15 minutes or until warm.
Source: Read Full Article