"Light meal, ideal for summer, full of delicious pancetta flavor and the clean, green taste of peas."
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in the boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and saute until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Ladle in the reserved pasta water; simmer for about 1 minute. Add tomato puree and continue to simmer until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cream; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tortellini and peas, tossing to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley and serve immediately.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Finely chopped prosciutto may be substituted for the pancetta, if desired.
- You may substitute frozen peas for the fresh peas; just thaw and cook before adding to the sauce.
Per Serving: 366 calories;25.5 g fat;17.8 g carbohydrates;15.7 g protein;114 mg cholesterol;473 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article