- Total: 1 hr
- Active: 1 hr
- Yield:about 25 bites
- Put the cauliflower and 1/4 cup water into a medium heat-safe glass bowl. Wet a paper towel and lay over the cauliflower. Microwave until fork-tender, 6 to 8 minutes, depending on your microwave. Carefully remove the paper towel, transfer the cauliflower to a food processor (leaving any water behind in the bowl) and cool for 10 minutes. Clean out the glass bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside. Stir together 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan and 3 tablespoons of the Italian cheese blend in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Add the parsley to the food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped and similar to the texture of rice. Transfer to a large clean kitchen towel and wring out any excess water.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the reserved bowl along with the whole egg, egg yolk, red chile flakes, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, almond flour, marinara sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Italian cheese blend. Use your hands to mix everything together until well combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart, for about 28 total. Lightly wet your hands, then roll each mound into a round ball, re-wetting your hands as needed. This helps keep your hands from becoming sticky and makes rolling the mix much easier to do. Spray the balls with the cooking spray and sprinkle the tops with the reserved cheese mixture, pressing the cheese gently onto the tops to help it adhere.
- Bake in the oven until light golden brown and cooked through, about 25 minutes, rotating the baking sheet once halfway through the cooking time.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with additional warm marinara sauce alongside, for dipping.
Source: Read Full Article