- Total: 1 hr(includes cooling time)
- Active: 25 min
- Yield:6 bagels
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups plain full fat whole milk Greek yogurt
1 large egg, lightly beaten, optional
Topping, such as everything spice, sesame seeds, or poppy seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Stir the flour and yogurt together in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer using a spoon until the dough just becomes crumbly. Use your hands to mix the dough to form a smooth ball; the dough will feel slightly sticky. Attach the bowl to the mixer and beat with the dough hook on medium speed until the dough pulls away from the sides of bowl and forms a smooth ball, about 5 minutes (be sure not to overmix as the dough will become sticky again).
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll each ball into a 3/4-inch-thick rope, then pinch the ends together to form a circle. Place on the prepared baking sheets. If using, brush the top of each bagel with egg wash and sprinkle on the desired topping.
- Bake until the bagels are golden brown on the outside, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes before serving.
Source: Read Full Article