It’s comfort in a bowl.
- 1/2-1 pound bacon (your choice on how much)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I use more because I love garlic)
- 3 cups chicken broth (or chicken soup base)
- 3 cups potatoes (I use red potatoes)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups mexican shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Optional: parsley, sour cream, extra cheese and or extra bacon
Cook bacon over medium heat. Until crisp. Don’t over cook. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Wipe some of the grease out from the pan.
Then add onions and garlic to the same pot and cook over medium heat until softened, 3-4 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth, cooked bacon, potatoes and carrots. Put a lid on and simmer until veggies are tender about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Stir in milk, heavy whipping cream, corn, chili powder, celery seed and pepper and heat until simmering. Meanwhile, toss shredded cheeses with flour in a bowl.
Take the pot off the heat. Slowly add cheese to the soup, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
Taste and season with salt and pepper. ➡️ note: if your soup is to thick, you can add more milk or stock to thin it out. Be sure to adjust the seasoning accordingly though.
Serve warm. Top with parsley, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, extra cheese or extra bacon.
Source: Read Full Article