- Make the wings:
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- or strips (about 3/4-1 lb. of chicken)
- For the sauce:
- Made for 6 wings
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white cooking wine
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juliennes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- to taste Salt according
- to taste Crushed pepper according
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves for garnish(optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped scallions for garnish(optional)
- A few white sesame seeds for garnish(optional)
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine the flour and breadcrumbs in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the egg(s) and milk together in a small bowl.
Place a piece of foil or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip each piece into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend (double coat if desired) Tip: Use one hand to handle the egg mixture and the other hand for the breading to make it easier.
Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and then spray a light coating of cooking spray over the chicken pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and begins to lightly brown.
Turn the heat up to broil and continue to cook the chicken for 1-2 more minutes or until the surface begins to become golden brown and crispy, watching it carefully.
Make the sauce:
In another bowl add the soya sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, sriracha sauce and mix well until fully incorporated.
Heat your favorite skillet or pan on medium flame and add the sesame oil, make it hot.
Gently add the crushed garlic and ginger julienne to the hot oil and saute for few minutes until fragrant.
Next add the dried crushed red chili flakes and saute for a few minutes
Pour the prepared sauce into the pan, increase the heat and keep on stirring until it thickens and becomes like a syrup.
Now add the bonless chicken wings into the pan and toss it until fully coated with the sauce. Continue this on low flame.
Source: Read Full Article