Anthony made this recipe based off of a taste of history cooking show.
- 1 pack bones less skinless chicken thighs cut up
- 2 (1 lb) Packs of andouille sausage cut up
- 2 bell peppers green and red (so 4 total) diced
- 1 big yellow onion diced
- Add any other veggies you want. We threw in some green beans from our garden
- 3 jalapeños 2 diced (leave one whole to simmer in stew)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups veg oil
- 2 cups flour
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 bunches green onion diced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- Salt for taste
- Brown rice to serve on top of
Heat oil then add flour to make a rue until its dark brown. Be careful not to burn
Add all diced veggies and whole jalapeño. Stir constantly to not let burn on medium/low heat
Put in small can of tomato paste, sweat veggies for ten min. Stir constantly
Then add meat, and 1 quart of chicken broth.
Let simmer on low for 2/3 hours. Stir often to not let burn. Salt to taste. Serve over rice when done.
Source: Read Full Article