A 14th century sauce a thin cinnamon and vinegar sauce. It can be used as a preserving method or as a sauce using binding agent of breadcrumbs.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon grains of paradise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- As needed breadcrumbs to bind if not using as pickling solution
Wisk all the ingredients together incorporate well.
Use immediately or refrigerate. I hope you enjoy!!
Note if not using as a cameline meat brewet, then bind with plain breadcrumbs.
Source: Read Full Article