- Total: 2 hr 30 min(includes cooling time)
- Active: 1 hr 30 min
- Yield:6 to 8 servings
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
One 8-ounce zucchini (about 1 large), grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (see Cook’s Note)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Canola nonstick cooking spray, for greasing the pan
- Adjust rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together the butter, oil, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl. Fold in the zucchini.
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Gently stir the zucchini mixture in to the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Coat an 8 1/2-inch-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray then spoon the batter into the pan, smoothing out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake, rotating about halfway through, until puffed and golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
When measuring flour, we spoon into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.)
Source: Read Full Article