Five Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker Cookbook
by Stephanie O’Dea
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 ounce)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Soak the potato cubes in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain the potatoes, add them to the insert, and then add the broth.
Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 7 hours or on High for about 4 hours. When the potatoes are fork-tender, mash them using a potato mashed or with a hand-held immersion blender.
While the potatoes are being mashed, slowly pour in the evaporated milk until you have reached the desired consistency. You will not need to use all of the milk.
Stir in the cheese, salt, and pepper.
Source: Read Full Article