This is fabulous on a chilly day. I served it with homemade garlic bread.
- 1 lb. bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb. frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 TBS. butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS. Italian blend
- to taste Salt and Pepper
Brown sausage in a pan. Add to crockpot.
Melt the butter in a sauté pan and sauté onions and garlic until softened. Then add in the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, Italian blend, salt and pepper. Stir until heated and transfer to crockpot with the sausage.
Allow everything to cook in the crockpot on low for about 3-4 hours, except for the spinach and tortellini.
Add in the frozen tortellini and spinach last, as they cook very quickly. Serve once tortellini is fully cooked. Serve with a loaf of Italian bread.
Buon appetito! ??
Source: Read Full Article