- Total: 30 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:4 servings
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into 12 equal pieces by making 2 cuts through the short side of the block and 3 on the longer side; each piece will be a 1 1/4-by-2-inch rectangle. Place the tofu pieces on a paper towel lined-plate, top with another paper towel and press gently to dry.
- To assemble the skewers, thread a piece of tofu vertically onto a skewer, then top with a piece of zucchini, yellow squash, red onion and bell pepper. Repeat twice more, ending with a bell pepper. There should be 3 pieces of each ingredient per skewer. Repeat with remaining tofu and vegetables and place the skewers on a rimmed baking sheet or large platter.
- To make the marinade and sauce, stir together the parsley, oregano, shallots, garlic, honey, vinegar, oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Pour 2/3 cup of the marinade into a small bowl and stir in the pine nuts; set it aside for serving.
- Spoon the remaining marinade over the skewers and use a pastry brush to coat all sides of the tofu and vegetables. Season the skewers with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Brush the grill grates with oil and grill the skewers, covered, turning them occasionally, until the tofu has grill marks and the vegetables are cooked through and a bit charred on the edges, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the skewers to a platter and spoon the pine nut and herb sauce over them. Serve with warm naan or pita.
Source: Read Full Article