- Total: 1 hr 35 min(includes pressurizing time)
- Active: 1 hr 5 min
- Yield:About 2 1/2 cups
- Add the dried chickpeas, garlic, bay leaf, 2 teaspoons salt and 6 cups water to a 6- or 8- quart Instant Pot® multi-cooker.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set the pot to pressure cook on high for 55 minutes (see Cook’s Note). After the pressure cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for natural release. After 15 minutes, being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chickpeas and garlic to a food processor, discarding the bay leaf. Add the cumin and 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and blend until fairly smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and tahini and blend until very smooth, light and fluffy, adding additional cooking liquid as needed. Taste for seasoning and blend in additional salt as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with more olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve with sliced vegetables and pita chips.
Settings may vary on your Instant Pot® depending on the model. Please refer to the manufacturer's guide.
Source: Read Full Article