- 900 g Shoulder of Lamb (chopped into 1-2 inch pieces)
- 700 g Beef Sirloin (chopped into 1-2 inch pieces)
- 700 g Pork (chopped into 1-2 inch pieces)
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Beef Flavor/Stock
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 10 DL Water
- 1 Stalk Green Onion (Optional)
- 1 Stalk Celery (optional for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
Preheat oven to 350 F°(180 C°). Cut the lamb, beef and pork into 1-2 inch cubes. In a stainless steel pot, brown the meat in butter. Then add enough water to cover the meat properly and add the beef stock and the sliced onion.
Cook in the oven for 3 hours. Remember to check from time to time that the liquid does not evaporate too much and the meat starts getting a bit dry. If it does look a bit dry, add a little water.
Chop the green onion and sauté it in a frying pan until it is lightly brown. Add it into the Karelian meat stew and garnish with celery. Season it with salt and pepper. You can serve this stew with many other foods such boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes or cooked rice. Enjoy 😉
Source: Read Full Article