From “Five Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker Cookbook”
by Stephanie O’Dea
- 1 (4 pound) roasting chicken, cleaned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 lemons, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick), sliced
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the cleaned chicken in the insert, breast-side down. Rub the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper all over the bird, inside and out. Wash hands.
Toss in the smashed garlic cloves. Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons evenly over the top of the chicken, and quarter the remaining lemons. Place the lemon pieces inside of the cavity. Dot the butter slices on top of the bird.
Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours. Check the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure the meat has reached an internal temperature of at least 165F before serving.
Source: Read Full Article