All the layered smokey flavors and cumin make this dish outstanding!
- 1 lb. Shredded smoked chicken
- 1/2 white onion (sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 5 gloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (if you don't have fresh)
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 cube knorr chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dark chili powder
- 3 and 1/4 cups warm water (separate)
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Add oil to skillet (I used cast iron, as always lol) and heat. Add bell peppers and onions and saute for 4 minutes.
Add garlic and jalapeno and saute for 2 more minutes.
Add mixed vegetables.
Add the 3 cups of water and all your seasonings.
Bring to boil then lower heat to simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and stir into skillet. Allow to cook a couple more minutes or until broth is thickened.
Add chicken at the very end and stir. I served mine over russet potatoes!
Source: Read Full Article