- 1/10 th of a cabbage; shredded
- 1/4 th cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp hondashi seasoning
- Beni-shoga; diced (something pickled)
- Leftover rotisserie chicken; diced
- Seaweed; crumbled (or Aonori; if you have it)
- 2 stalks Green onion; diced
- Japanese mayo
- Okonomiyaki or Takoyaki sauce
- Dried bonito flakes (Katsuobushi)
- Sesame seeds
Mix the cabbage, flours, hondashi, chicken, beni-shoga, half of the green onions, and just enough water to make the batter come together. More cabbage > less batter.
Traditionally, grated Nagaimo would create a bouncy texture; but I used Tapioca flour as a replacement. Should have the same gooey-ish consistency.
In a wide, shallow pan over medium heat, pour in your batter and flatten to create a circle. Heat on both sides til lightly charred. Set on a plate.
Here’s the fun part. Smother the okonomiyaki sauce around the pancake like pizza sauce.
Drizzle the mayo
Top with the seaweed and katsuobushi
..the rest of your green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article