- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Active: 1 hr 10 min
- Yield:48 deviled eggs
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil over high heat and prepare a large bowl of ice water. Gently lower the eggs into the boiling water with a slotted spoon and cook for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs with the slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water to cool completely, about 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and halve each lengthwise. Remove the yolks from 36 of the egg white halves and transfer the yolks to a food processor. Add the pimentos, Cheddar, half of the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise, a pinch of salt and a couple dashes of hot sauce. Process until the mixture is smooth and light. Season to taste with additional salt and hot sauce if desired. Transfer the pimento cheese filling to a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate while you make the second filling.
- Remove the yolks from the remaining 12 egg white halves and transfer to the cleaned food processor. Add the parsley, lemon zest, scallions, a pinch of salt, the remaining cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Process until the mixture is smooth and light. Season with additional salt if desired. Transfer the herb filling to a second large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate while you arrange the egg whites.
- Lay a large wooden cutting board (at least 22 inches by 16 inches) in front of you with one of the shorter sides facing toward you. Place 1 egg white (pointed-side up) on the bottom of the board. Arrange 2 egg whites (pointed-side down) directly above the first with the points nestling the point of the first egg, so that there is very little space between the eggs. Continue arranging the eggs in this manner to form 8 rows, working upward and alternating eggs pointed up and pointed down to form the carrot, adding 1 egg to each row (36 egg white halves total).
- Arrange the remaining 12 egg white halves in 3 separate lines at the top of the carrot (4 egg white halves per line). The lines should be slightly angled, so they resemble carrot tops.
- Cut a 1/2-inch-wide opening in one corner of the bag with the pimento cheese filling. Fill the 36 egg white halves that make up the carrot with a dollop of the filling, then squeeze any remaining filling on top of the egg whites. Use a small offset spatula to gently spread the filling so that the eggs are mostly covered.
- Cut a 1/2-inch-wide opening in one corner of the bag with the herb filling. Fill the 12 egg white halves that make up the carrot tops with a dollop of the filling, then squeeze any remaining filling on top of the egg whites. Use a small offset spatula to gently spread the filling so that the eggs are mostly covered.
- Use the tip of the offset spatula to make 4 curved lines in the pimento cheese filling (to mimic the creases found on real carrots). Sprinkle the inside of the lines with paprika. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article