An easy and quick breakfast recipe prepared by steaming the spiced semolina based balls. Give it a try!
- For Rava Balls
- 1 . Rava / Semolina – 1 cup
- 2 . Ginger – 1 small inch
- 3 . Greenchilli – 3 or less
- 4 . Ghee – 1 tbspn
- 5 . Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- 6 . Garam masala powder – 1/2 tspn
- 7 . Asafoetida – 1/4 tspn
- 8 . Boiled water – 2 cup
- 9 . Salt to taste
- For Tempering
- 10 . Oil – 2 tbspn
- 11 . Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
- 12 . Dry red chilli – 2
- 13 . Some curry leaves
- 14 . Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- 15 . Kashmiri Red chilli powder – 1/2 tspn
- 16 . Coriander powder – 1/2 tspn
- 17 . Garam masala powder -1/4 tspn
- 18 . Salt
For Rava Balls
* Grind greenchilli and ginger and make a paste.
* Heat ghee in a pan, add Greenchilli – ginger paste and saute till raw smells disappear.
* Add turmeric powder, garam masala and asafoetida. Saute well.
* Add rava and roast it for a minutes.
* Add water and salt. Stir continuously on medium flame until the rava turns soft and fluffy. Switch off the flame.
Cover it for 4 minutes.
* After 4 minutes, transfer it into a plate and knead the dough for 5 minutes by greasing your hands with littile oil.
* Make lemon sized smooth balls by greasing your hands with littile oil.
* In a steamer, steam the balls for about 5 minutes. Cool it.
* Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add dry redchilli and curry leaves. Saute well.
* Add turmeric powder, redchilli powder, garam masala,coriander powder and a pinch salt. Mix and saute till raw smells disappear.
* Add steamed rava balls and mix well.
Garnish and Serve hot!
Source: Read Full Article