- 1-2 lbs Ground Beef or Pork Shoulder
- Canned Goods
- 1 (28 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) Can Red Beans or Pinto Beans
- Herbs, Spices & Oils
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 4 Padilla Chiles stemmed and seeded
- 4 Ancho Chiles stemmed and seeded
Put 3 Tablespoons of oil in large pot. Place burner on Medium-High. When hot add Meat, sprinkle on Salt and Pepper. Adjust heat so it sizzles steadily and let cook for 5-10 mins.
Once the Meat has been cooked add 1 Yellow Onion and cook until it softens and turns golden 3-5 mins.
Add 4 chopped Garlic Cloves. 1 teaspoon Cumin. 1teaspoon Oregano. Cook for 1 min
Add diced tomatoes, Chiles, and Beans to the pot.
Cover with water and bring to a boil then reduce to steady bubble and cover for 20 mins. Occassionally stirring the pot.
Sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste.
Source: Read Full Article