A relish for sandwiches, burgers, hotdogs, soups, and salads.
- 1 large green tomato
- 1 young onion with green top
- 2/3 pound bacon
- 12 ounces coleslaw mix
- Spices and addins
- 2 tablespoons Heinz Chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 2/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bacon drippings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar raw unfiltered with the mother
Render the bacon. Once crispy set aside and reserve the drippings. I did mine in batches.
Wash and chop the onion.
Wash and remove the stem mark cut it into squares. Now you can dice the tomato.
Get the coleslaw mix and chop fine. Chop the bacon fine. Add the spice to the coleslaw mixture.
Add the bacon and the chili sauce to the mixture. Mix very well.
Pack it into the jar.
Heat the apple cider vinegar with the drippings and sugar. Add as needed to the slaw mixture packed in the jar.
Add the lid let cool and refrigerate. Make a couple of days before you want to use it.
I had extra liquids and slaw mix so I emptied a jar and added both to the jar.
Source: Read Full Article