Active Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Easy weeknight dinners don’t get any more impressive than these sheet pan mussels. Bold aromatics come together with curry paste and rich coconut milk for an incredible broth that goes right on the sheet pan to steam the mussels and infuse them with flavor. We keep the prep time low on this restaurant-quality dish by opting for prepared ginger, garlic, and lemongrass paste; however, feel free to substitute fresh, whole ingredients. In fact, if you have some time to spare, you could even try your hand at making your own curry paste.
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1(14-oz.) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1(4-oz.) jar red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Grilled ciabatta slices
- Garnishes: lime wedges, cilantro sprigs, Thai basil springs, red Fresno chile slices, and jalapeño chile slices
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Pick over mussels, discarding any that are broken. Place all remaining mussels on a rimmed sheet pan.
Whisk together coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, and lemongrass paste in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour evenly over mussels.
Bake in preheated oven until all the mussels have opened, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and parsley. Serve with grilled bread; top with desired garnishes.
Source: Read Full Article