- Total: 4 hr 40 min
- Prep: 20 min
- Inactive: 20 min
- Cook: 4 hr
- Yield:6 to 8 servings
Unsalted butter, for greasing insert
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons orange juice
Two 12-ounce bags frozen peaches (about 8 cups)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch fine salt
4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup milk
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Whipped Sour Cream Topping:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- For the filling: Butter the sides and bottom of the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker. Whisk together the cornstarch, orange juice and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the insert, add the peaches and granulated sugar and toss.
- For the biscuit topping: Whisk together the flour, 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub the mixture together with your fingertips so that it forms a coarse meal with some pea-sized lumps. Add the milk and almond extract if using and stir with a wooden spoon to form a wet dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on top of the peach mixture. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar with the cinnamon and ginger and sprinkle over the dough. Cover the slow cooker and set to high for 3 to 4 hours. The cobbler should be bubbly and the biscuits should be cooked through. Let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- For the sour cream topping: Meanwhile, combine the heavy cream, sour cream and confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixture until the mixture forms medium peaks.
- Spoon the cobbler into bowls and top with the whipped sour cream topping.
Source: Read Full Article