Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 8
Elote, Mexican-style street corn, inspired this tangy, smoky, slightly creamy side dish. Three jalapeños give this salad a real kick; make it milder by substituting mini sweet peppers. Serve this salad by itself at a cookout or alongside grilled flank steak and warm tortillas for an easy taco night.
- 8large ears fresh yellow corn, husks removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1medium-size red onion, cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 3large jalapeño chiles, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Brush corn with mayonnaise; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Grill corn, covered, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. (Kernels may pop.)
Brush onion and jalapeños with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill onion and jalapeños, covered, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, about 5 minutes.
Cut kernels from corn into a large bowl. Chop onion and jalapeños; add to corn kernels. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article