This feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content.Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- Prep 20 min
- Total45 min
It’s no mistake that this genius taco crescent ring is one of the all time, most popular recipes on Pillsbury.com. It’s easy, beefy, cheesy and comes loaded with all the best taco toppings. And did we mention how fun it is to make?
lb ground beef
package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, taco sauce or salsa, as desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. In medium bowl, mix beef mixture and cheese.
- 2Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like the sun.
- 3Spoon beef mixture on the half of each triangle closest to center of ring.
- 4Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- 5 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
- Be sure that the meat filling is cooked and cooled a little when you begin laying the pastry dough out. Spoon the filling in an even mound that surrounds the center opening, so there’s plenty of dough to wrap up and over it. Use a small metal spatula or table knife to help tuck the dough in.
- For a nice glossy finish to the dough, brush it with an egg beaten with a spoonful of water before sliding it into the oven.
- Make a taco-style salad to serve with the crescent ring. Toss shredded Romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, chunks of avocado, and sliced radishes. Make a creamy dressing by stirring some red or green spicy taco sauce into some plain ranch dressing to drizzle over top.
- Don’t care for ground beef? Substitute ground chicken instead.
- Don’t be afraid of making this dough-wrapped pastry ring. Just work quickly as you arrange the crescent triangles in a ring on the largest flat baking sheet you have. Placing a glass or metal bowl that is 5-inches in diameter on the baking sheet will help guide you as you create the ring of dough.
More About This Recipe
- Taco night will never be the same again! If you’re wondering how ground beef, crescent rolls and taco seasonings can combine to make such an impressive presentation, this top-rated Pillsbury™ recipe makes it easy for you. While the finished crescent roll taco ring looks like a dish that requires lots of time and expert-level skill, the secret is that it’s easy as can be to pull together, thanks to Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls. Plus, it’s customizable to your family’s taste. Feel free to swap in ground chicken or ground turkey for ground beef. Then top the finished beef taco ring with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, olives and any of your favorite taco toppings. Keep some bowls of salsa on hand for those who love to dip their slices in something spicy. Obviously, we’re all fans oftacos. How about trying enchiladas next? They’re not as hard to make as they look, thanks to our easyhow to make enchiladas article.
Source: Read Full Article