From “Five Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker Cookbook”
by Stephanie O’Dea
– Keep your insert at least 2/3 full for optimum performance.
– You can still make all of the recipes in a 6-quart machine; insert an oven-safe dish such as CorningWare or Pyrex into the insert to create a smaller cooking vessel.
– 4-quart recipes will work fine in a 6-quart machine, but will cook faster. Reduce the cook time by at least a third and then check the food to ensure doneness. You can also increase the ingredients by 50% to fill the pot properly, and use stated cook times.
- 5 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (approximately 8 cloves)
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the drumsticks in the insert.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger ale, and garlic. Pour this sauce evenly over the chicken.
Cover and cook on Low for 7 hours or High for about 5 hours. The chicken is finished when it is cooked through and no longer pink.
Use kitchen tongs to remove the drumsticks. If you’d like to thicken the sauce, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Combine, then stir into the pot.
Source: Read Full Article