Quite a dish, salty, kinda sweet, earthy, crunchy, a bit of everything.
- Soup ingredients
- 1 pound bok choy
- 1 pound common mushrooms
- 15 ounces chickpea
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups cooked unsalted rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To taste seasoned salt
- To taste salt
- To taste ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 quarts V-8 original vegetable drink
- 1-1/2 tablespoons peanut/or neutral tasting oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Cheese and other options
- To taste grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- To taste red pepper flakes
- To taste red wine vinegar
- Late in the game
- 1 cup sliced pickled okra see my recipe
Wash and peel the vegetables except the potato. Cut the potatoes into slices. I had one huge potato, so I cut it into fourths. Then sliced.
Cut the Carrots into 1 inch cuts. Slice the mushrooms. Chop the bok choy.
Dice the onion. Heat the oils, sauté the onion and mushrooms in the oils.
When the onions are translucent add the rest of the vegetables.
Spray nonstick spray in a pan and add the rice. Heat not stirring till rice turns crunchy. Then break it up and turn in pan, to get the other side crunchy. If you can turn the whole thing at once then do so. Then you can break it up to fit in bottom of bowl latter.
When the vegetables are Sauteed for 7-8 minutes add V-8 juice. Add seasonings to taste for the soup. Cook for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes of cooking add the okra.
Serve. Add rice to a bowl and add soup to the top. Top off with some grated cheese. I hope you enjoy!
Note: remember how much salt you add, especially if you want to add cheese. This soup is relying on texture and layering of flavors. The okra will be filled with vinegar brine, which vinegar counter acts too much salt.
Source: Read Full Article